Ultrasound Exams For Infertility And Gynecologic Evaluation.
Ultrasound examination by Alaska Family Sonograms staff is a highly proven way to evaluate a wide range of health concerns. But it is particularly well suited for evaluating sensitive reproductive organs, including determining the viability of treatment for fertility problems and the optimal timing of those treatments.
Safe, Detailed Imaging For Precise, Thorough Exams.
Ultrasound sends harmless sound waves into the body and captures their echoes, which return through different types of tissue at different rates, and are then translated into high-resolution, real-time video.
In addition to being safe and providing detail, ultrasound also enables us to:
- Measure structures precisely
- See and measure blood flow
- Make adjustments in real time for a thorough, accurate exam
These capabilities are vital for detecting structural anomalies, assessing the viability of certain organs and structures, and surveilling the development of tissues for optimal timing of treatments, particularly when it comes to monitoring fertility.
Bringing Experience And High Technology To Gynecologic Ultrasound.
At Alaska Family Sonograms, our sonographers are highly experienced in conducting gynecologic ultrasound exams to evaluate the female pelvic organs. Our training, experience and state-of-the-art capabilities enable us to:
- Determine the size and shape of the uterus and assess for fibroids and tumors.
- Evaluate the size and shape of the ovaries and look for tumors and cysts.
- Measure the thickness of the endometrium (uterine lining).
- Assess the surrounding pelvic area for tumors or masses
- Evaluate if an IUD is in proper position in the uterus.
Evaluating For Fertility And Optimal Timing For Treatments.
With our state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment and great deal of experience, our sonographers are able to capture images of, and measure, the ovarian follicles. We are able to evaluate follicle function and maturity, look for residual follicular cysts that may be affecting fertility, and document antral follicles for purposes of in vitro fertilization (IVF).
The Expertise And Caring You Deserve Is At AFS.
The quality and reliability of ultrasound depend greatly on the skill of the sonographer. At AFS, our sonographers conduct each exam with the expertise doctors have trusted for 15-plus years.
A sonohysterogram is a type of exam that provides a further look at the inside of the uterus. These are performed at Alaska Family Sonograms by Dr. Carol Mitchell-Springer and Dr. Craig Hinkle.
They are assisted by one of our sonographers. These are performed if your doctor/healthcare provider feels it would be more beneficial in their patient’s treatment than a standard gynecologic ultrasound.
GYN (PELVIC) ULTRASOUND FAQ
Yes. No matter where you are in your cycle and whether or not you are bleeding we will be able to perform the ultrasound.
- We still start off by looking transabdominally (over the top of your belly).
- We will then have you empty your bladder.
- The sonographer will instruct you on preparing for the transvaginal portion of the exam and then step out of the room while you get ready. You will be given a sheet to cover up with.
- The sonographer will then perform a transvaginal/internal ultrasound exam. You will be covered up by the sheet provided for the entire exam.
Typically a transvaginal ultrasound is not painful. However everyone's body is different and there are certain patient circumstances that may cause the exam to be uncomfortable for the patient. We work with patients and take every step to make the exam as comfortable as possible.
Please give us a call or have the clinic contact us and we can work through the best way to make the images available to them.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Want to know more? Or need to schedule an appointment? Simply call Alaska Family Sonograms at 907.561.3601. You can also request an appointment using our easy online form.